Monday, December 31, 2012

"A crown of beauty instead of ashes..." Isaiah 61:3


Well, this tops the list of blogs I never wanted to have to write.  We found out this morning that Addie's adoption has been revoked, and we lost her.  We are beyond heartbroken, and beside ourselves with grief, but still trusting in a Father who is always good.  Your prayers are appreciated, particularly for our sweet Payton.

           "The Lord gave, and The Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of The Lord."  Job 1:21



4 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for quite some time; linking to it from Sara Elliott's. My husband and I are also a Lifeline family; currently waiting for a referral. I am so very heartbroken for you and wanted to tell you that I am praying for your family. I also wanted to thank you for your transparency and your witness; at a time when your world is dark, His light still shines in you. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jodi, I am so very sorry to hear this. We are praying for your family as you grieve the loss of Addie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry :-( I was just directed to your blog today and I have been crying as I read. I had the great privilege of seeing many of sweet Mirhet's smiles. She was in the very crib next to my son (Michael- not sure if you remember him. He had the crazy hair.) I would always tell my husband that she was the smiliest baby I've ever seen. I just want you to know I am weeping with you and praying so much that you feel the Lord's presence with you. He is near to the brokenhearted. May His comfort and grace and peace fill your heart. I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete