Friday, August 17, 2012

October 20th!!!


Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying for our family.  I really cannot express to you how much your prayers mean to us, and how awesome it is to know that the Lord is answering the prayers of His people.  Tuesday we got word that we got a court date.  October 8th will be the first hearing (that we are not present for) and then we will go to court on October 22nd- which means that if all goes according to plan, we will be meeting Addie on October 20th for the first time.  Yippee!!!

In all honesty, I struggled on Tuesday when we received the court date because I was hoping to go sooner, but by Wednesday, I had allowed Christ’s peace to take over, and my frustration was replaced with great anticipation.  I know many of you are praying because, at least currently, I feel utterly calm about the whole situation.  I am so ready to see her and hold her and kiss her and sing to her and be her mommy, but I am completely confident that the Lord is watching over her.  Please keep the prayers going.  We have a long 5 months or more ahead of us, and I will not stay sane without keeping my eyes focused on Him.  Pray that the initial October 8th hearing happens as planned and that it goes smoothly.

This afternoon Andrew, Lindsey, and I practiced the music for Sunday’s early service, and I wanted to share with you one of the songs we will be leading.  I was singing away, kind of in the zone, when I had to stop dead in my tracks, suddenly realizing the lyrics. 

Your Great Name by Krissy Nordhoff and Michael Neele

All the weak- find their strength, at the sound of your great name
Hungry souls- receive grace, at the sound of your great name
The fatherless- they find their rest, at the sound of your great name
Sick are healed-  the dead are raised, at the sound of your great name!

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us,
Son of God and Man, You are high and lifted up,
And all the world will praise your great name!

Thank you, Jesus.  Your name alone will give rest to my girl.  Your name alone will heal us, deliver us, strengthen us, save us….



No comments:

Post a Comment